ADD/ADHD & Executive Function
- ADD/ADHD and special ed: Is ADHD a Disability? article on wrightslaw site.
- ADD/ADHD books page on wrightslaw site.
- ADDitude website
- National Resource Center on ADHD
- 50 tips for teachers of children with ADHD by Ned Hallowell.
- Article: "Mindful Parenting for ADHD"
- Article: "Not all Attention Problems are ADHD"
- Article: "Parents Guide to ADHD Medications"
- Needham ADHD Parents
- A private Facebook Group for Needham parents and guardians of ADHD students
- Overview: Executive Functioning Disorder - A brief description from the book No Mind Left Behind: Understanding and Fostering Executive Control - The Eight Essential Brain Skills every Child Needs to Thrive, by Adam J. Cox, Ph.D. Psychologist
- Beyond BookSmart - In-home EF coaching for students K-12 and beyond.
- Cognitive Connections - Provides Executive Function Coaching services for children and adolescents in schools, their center and in the home.
- Commonwealth Learning Center - A nonprofit dedicated to helping students overcome learning challenges while transforming education through onsite and online professional learning.
- Engaging Minds - Teaches Executive Function Skills to help students manange homework and long-term projects.
- Group Dynamic - Individual & group academic tutoring, executive function development for K-12.
- Self Control - A free application for Mac OS X (10.5 or above) that lets you block your own access to distracting websites, your mail servers, or anything else on the Internet.
- Educreations - Free app that lets students create their own study videos.
- Quizlet - Free study tools and apps which enable students to create their own "study sets" on any topic.
- Shmoop - Learning guides and study tools in all subjects, including "Essay Lab" to help with writing projects.
- 60 Second Recap - Short videos that give an overview of classic literature in a fun and entertaining way. A great way to preview books and create excitement to read.
- Calm.com - Free app that teaches seven steps of calm with guided sessions from 2 to 20 minutes long.